Agora Cyber Charter School is committed to providing our families with information related to COVID-19 through various means of communication. In addition to the email messages sent to your Agora account, please refer to the following links for additional information:
What is Agora’s Health and Safety plan for the 2020-21 school year?
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requires all schools to create a Health and Safety Plan. As a cyber charter school, daily operational procedures for instruction and support of students provided by teachers, specialists, family coaches, etc. are virtual and therefore will continue as normal. The following Health and Safety plan is designed to address only the reopening of the school’s main office and the provision of in-person services.
What are Agora’s plans for PSSA and Keystone exams?
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) announced on 3/19/2020 the cancellation of all PSSA testing and Keystone exams for the 2019-20 school year as a result of COVID-19. This includes the Pennsylvania Alternate System of Assessment (PASA). (more from Secretary Rivera’s message)
Where can I get the most up to date information?
- PA Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- PA Department of Education: COVID-19 Response Efforts March 15, 2020 – 12 p.m.
How can I talk with my children about COVID-19?
- National Association of School Nurses: Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Kidshealth.org: Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Child
- Unicef: How to Talk to Your Child about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- National Public Radio: Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
How can we help children cope with the stress surrounding the outbreak?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- World Health Organization: Helping Children Cope with Stress During the 2019-nCoV Outbreak
- PA statewide toll-free support line for those struggling with anxiety due to coronavirus: 1-855-284-2494. For TTY, dial 724-631-5600. It will be staffed around the clock.
- Resource list to support parents’ efforts to maintain a positive home learning climate
What can we do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Stop the Spread of Germs
- CDC guidance on how to properly wash hands: Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives
- Healthy Children.org: Handwashing: A Powerful Antidote to Illness
Agora COVID-19 Communications:
- Communication regarding Coronavirus 3/11/2020
- Update Agora Main Office 3/13/2020
- COVID-19 Update 3/13/2020
- COVID-19 Update – Asynchronous Days March 16 and 17 3/15/2020
- COVID-19 Update 3/17/2020
- COVID-19 – Continuity of Education 3/24/2020
- PSSA and Keystone Exams Cancelled for 19-20 School Year 3/27/2020