Agora Cyber Charter School is committed to providing our families with information related to COVID-19 through various means of communication. In addition to the email messages sent to your Agora account, please refer to the following links for additional information:
What are Agora’s plans for PSSA and Keystone exams?
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) announced on 3/19/2020 the cancellation of all PSSA testing and Keystone exams for the 2019-20 school year as a result of COVID-19. This includes the Pennsylvania Alternate System of Assessment (PASA). (more from Secretary Rivera’s message)
Where can I get the most up to date information?
- PA Department of Health: https://www.health.pa.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- PA Department of Education: COVID-19 Response Efforts March 15, 2020 – 12 p.m.
How can I talk with my children about COVID-19?
- National Association of School Nurses: Talking to Children About COVID-19
- Kidshealth.org: Coronavirus: How to Talk to Your Child
- Unicef: How to Talk to Your Child about Coronavirus Disease 2019
- National Public Radio: Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus
How can we help children cope with the stress surrounding the outbreak?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- World Health Organization: Helping Children Cope with Stress During the 2019-nCoV Outbreak
- PA statewide toll-free support line for those struggling with anxiety due to coronavirus: 1-855-284-2494. For TTY, dial 724-631-5600. It will be staffed around the clock.
What can we do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Stop the Spread of Germs
- CDC guidance on how to properly wash hands: Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives
- Healthy Children.org: Handwashing: A Powerful Antidote to Illness
Agora COVID-19 Communications:
- Communication regarding Coronavirus 3/11/2020
- Update Agora Main Office 3/13/2020
- COVID-19 Update 3/13/2020
- COVID-19 Update – Asynchronous Days March 16 and 17 3/15/2020
- COVID-19 Update 3/17/2020
- COVID-19 – Continuity of Education 3/24/2020
- PSSA and Keystone Exams Cancelled for 19-20 School Year 3/27/2020