Annual Title I Meeting:
Agora’s annual Title I meetings were held during the week of Oct. 21st. Please take a minute to review the recording and complete the survey.
Click HERE for meeting link.
Click HERE for survey link.
Agora Cyber Charter School provides Title I supplemental support as a school-wide program. Our mission is that all students will achieve academic excellence and reach extraordinary heights! View our policies concerning our commitment to parent involvement and educating all students.
Questions, Concerns, Comments?
Contact Alina Kitchell, Federal Programs Coordinator at (484) 387-0109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Agora is a Title I School – What does that mean?
Agora Cyber Charter School is a Title I school, and as the parent/guardian of a child attending a Title I school you are an important part of the Title I team. Your input is vital in the planning and implementation of the parent and family engagement program and activities in our school. The focus of all Title I programs is to help students meet the same high academic achievement standards expected of all children, regardless of their socioeconomic status and background.
What is Title I?
- “Title I” is short for Title I, Part A (Title I) of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)”
- Title I is the nation’s largest federal assistance program for schools.
- The purpose of Title I is to ensure that all children regardless of race/ethnicity or social-economic status have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and to reach high academic standards of achievement on state assessments/tests.
- Title I serves millions of elementary and secondary students in schools each year through either school-wide or targeted assistance programs.
- Agora is a Title I school-wide program.
- School-wide Title I programs serve all students in a school. Schools in which a specified percentage of the students meet certain income guidelines are designated as school-wide programs. School-wide programs can combine Title I funds with other federal, state, and local funds to improve school programs.
- School-wide Title I programs allow schools to offer more services to help students in the classroom to provide extra resources for instruction and learning, such as computers and additional instructional materials; to provide teachers/staff with extra professional development/training, and to provide a variety of teaching methods and materials.
Title I Documents
- Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- District Parent and Family Engagement Policy
- Compact for Title I
- Comprehensive Plan
- Education of Children with Limited English Proficiency
- Education for Homeless Children and Youth Policy
- Comprehensive Support and Improvement
Right to Know
Right to Know Under ESSA, parents have the right to request professional qualifications of their children’s teacher(s) or paraprofessional(s). Each year a letter is sent to Agora families to inform them of their right to ask for additional information about their children’s classroom teachers and/or paraprofessionals. To request this form in an alternate language please contact Alina Kitchell, Federal Programs Coordinator at (484) 387-0109 or email@example.com