|Full Day Schedule||Half Day Schedule||School Assessment Plan|
|Course Catalog||Graduation||NCAA Eligibility|
High school students have more options in course selection. Based on academic performance and attendance, students also may have the opportunity to apply for asynchronous status allowing for more flexibility in their learning. Agora utilizes the Desire 2 Learn platform to provide the high school online school campus and courses. The school site features school announcements, messages from the administration, access to important documents, club and organization information, resources, and courses. The student calendar, which shows assignments and due dates for all courses in one easy-to-use tool, helps students to stay focused in every course. Courses consist of multiple units, lessons and activities. Highly-qualified teachers provide differentiated instruction, practice, exploration, and routinely assess student learning in all of our courses. Teachers post a syllabus in the course that includes important information related to the course such as late work policy, contact information and materials/resources needed for the course, as well as weekly announcements indicating the lessons, activities and assessments to be completed each week.
News & Events
High School Course Guide is Here!
Take a look at classes for the 2018-19 school year in the Agora Course Flipbook!
CDT Test Results
CDT Test Results might be challenging to interpret. View this brief video to better understand.
The Agora Times
The Agora Times is a school newspaper created by our high school students! Check out The Agora Times throughout the school year: http://theagoratimes.wixsite.com/home
Feature Article: Ireland Through the Eyes of a Brit Lit Teacher by Samantha Miller
Agora NCAA Eligibility
Agora has been an NCAA-approved school since the 2016-17 school year. Please visit the NCAA Eligibility Center (Agora’s code is 393397)
- Jeffrey MillerHigh School PrincipalJeffrey Miller is Agora’s High School Principal. He has been with Agora since January of 2007. Prior to working at Agora, he was a science teacher in Baltimore for 8 years. Jeffrey enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his wife and three children.
- Frank NagyHigh School Assistant Principal 9th GradeFrank Nagy is a High School Assistant Principal, 9th grade. He has been with Agora since 2011. He strives to improve the quality of education and learning environment for every student. Frank enjoys coaching basketball, watching sports and spending time with his family.
- Erin HilsonHigh School Assistant Principal 10th GradeErin Hilson is a High School Assistant Principal, 10th grade. Erin has been with Agora since 2010 and has served as a Special Education Teacher, an Academic Coach, and an Assistant Director of Special Education. Erin believes that every child should have equal access to a quality education. In her free time Erin enjoys spending time with her husband and two boys, reading, swimming, and just about anything outdoors.
- Holly AllenHigh School Assistant Principal 11th GradeHolly is a High School Assistant Principal, 11th grade, and is one of Agora’s original staff members. In her 11 years here, Holly served as middle school and high school English teacher, lead teacher, and family coach coordinator. She now serves as 11th grade assistant principal and works with the high school English team. Holly’s passion is to help students enjoy learning as part of a vibrant life. In her free time, Holly enjoys reading, cooking, spending time with her husband, and traveling to visit their three sons.
- Heather McCormickHigh School Assistant Principal 12th GradeIn her Assistant Principal role, Heather works with 12th grade students and oversees the social studies department. She has been employed with Agora since 2009 and was hired as a special education teacher and later served as an Academic Coach and then Assistant Director of Special Education. Heather is passionate about ensuring that students are given the opportunity to achieve their highest potential. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two boys, ages six and nine.
- Regan ShebeckHigh School Assistant Principal OperationsRegan Shebeck is currently a High School Assistant Principal and works with school operations along with the Electives & Humanities teams. She has been with Agora since 2007 and has served as High School Biology Teacher, Academic Coach and High School Operations Coordinator. Regan enjoys spending time with her two daughters, husband and dog, reading and going to the beach.
- Erinn SlacktishHigh School Director of Special EducationErinn supervises high school special education, the psychological services department, compliancy, handles dispute resolution, and complaints. She has been employed with Agora since 2011 as a special education teacher, enrollment specialist and academic coach. Erinn received her Bachelor’s Degree in business administration and Master’s Degree in special education from Bloomsburg University. She is certified in Special Education K-12 and is highly qualified in English, math, and social studies at the high school level. She received her special education supervisory certificate from Pennsylvania State University.
Day in the Life
Agora provides its high school students with a wide range of educational options. From Honors to AP classes, Agora’s individualized education equips its students with all the tools necessary to succeed. Agora works with its high school students to prepare them for their future educational and career endeavors. Check out this video to learn more about a day in the life of an Agora high school student.