Educational Trip Leave
Students may be excused for educational trips not sponsored by the school according to Section 11.26, Annex A, Ch. 11 of the Pennsylvania School Code. Please understand that it shall be the parent or legal guardian’s responsibility to contact the Attendance Office to determine what obligations must be met as a result of this proposed absence. Further, understand that:
- The request must be completely filled out and submitted five (5) school days to the Attendance Office prior to the trip.
- No more than ten (10) days of absence will result.
- The parent or guardian must complete an attendance submission form through the Sapphire Community Web Portal and attach the completed Educational Trip Request form
- Experiences such as “Long Weekends” and “Vacations” will not justify any request.
- Requests will not be approved for time off during the state testing window.