- In order for an absence to be registered as excused, a parent or guardian must submit a written explanation or medical excuse to the ”Attendance Office” by completing the attendance submission form through the Sapphire Community Web Portal within three (3) days of the absence.
- Complete the attendance submission form. In the event you are unable to submit your student’s excuse using the Sapphire Community Web Portal, you may fax an excuse to 484-588-0238.
- The excuse should state the student’s Name, Date of Birth, Student ID, the date of the absence, as well as the reason for the absence.
- Excuses will not be accepted by phone.
- The parent or legal guardian has three (3) school days from the date of absence to submit the excuse to the Attendance Office. If the Attendance Office does not receive an excuse within three days of the absence, the absence will be recorded as an unexcused absence.
- A maximum of ten days absences verified by parental notification may be permitted per school year. All absences beyond ten cumulative days require a written excuse from a physician or ticket of technical difficulties from the Help Desk.
How to Submit an Absentee Form (2017-18SY)