Agora Cyber Charter School is excited to inform families that we are a trauma-informed school. In fact, Agora is currently the only trauma-informed cyber school in the country!
What This Means for Agora:
As the only trauma-informed cyber school in the country, Agora Cyber Charter School will seek to:
- Realize the widespread impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences, also known as childhood trauma.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma.
- Respond and integrate knowledge about trauma into school practices to develop resiliency and improve learning outcomes for all children.
- Resist potentially re-traumatizing students and staff.
What This Means for You:
Many times, families are not aware of the effects of trauma, or how to react to a child exposed to psychologically distressing events involving intense fear, terror and helplessness. The brochure below begins to explain how we hope to help through our partnership with the Attachment & Trauma Network, Inc (ATN). We also encourage all families to watch the videos below from one of ATN’s directors to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of trauma in children’s lives:
Resources for Child Trauma-informed Care:
- Attachment Trauma Network: https://www.attachmenttraumanetwork.org/
- Email for Attachment Trauma Network if you have child specific questions- firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN): https://www.nctsn.org/
- NCTSN Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Trauma: https://learn.nctsn.org/
- What is Child Traumatic Stress? Guide: What is Child Traumatic Stress
- Age-related Reactions to Traumatic Stress: Guide: Age Related Reactions to Traumatic Events
- Understanding Child Trauma: Guide: Understanding Child Trauma
- Lives in the Balance-Dr. Ross Greene- https://livesinthebalance.org/
We also encourage all families to watch the videos below from Julie Beem, Executive Director of the Attachment & Trauma Network (ATN) to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of trauma in children’s lives. Click on the title to view.