|Full Day Schedule||Half Day Schedule||School Assessment Plan|
The elementary program is grounded in the belief that all students can thrive in a cyber environment through a solid partnership between parents/learning coaches and staff. In each grade level, students will be exposed to four core content classes: Math, History, Science, and English Language Arts.
Students also will have the opportunity to participate in Personal Learning Time and the following electives: Art, Health/PE and Music. Personal Learning Time is designed to meet the needs of each of our learners. Students will be placed into small groups to work on strengthening and refining specific skills. In grades Kindergarten-2, students will be with one teacher for each core subject. However, in grades 3-5, students will work with a team of teachers who each teach a specific core subject.
Agora staff will maintain contact and build relationships with students and families via telephone, live online sessions, face-to-face experiences, conferences, and during standardized testing participation.
News & Events
Wear your jammies, get cozy and enjoy a bedtime story with our Reader Spotlight every Wednesday night at 7:30pm. Click to Join: https://bit.ly/33x9xVY or see your email more information.
Missed a reading? Click the story title below for the recording.
- Giraffes Can’t Dance, 9/16/2020
- The Catnapping Cat, 9/23/2020
- I want Your Moo, 9/30/2020
- The Monster at the End of This Book, 10/7/2020
- The Book Without Pictures, 10/14/2020
- The Cookie Fiasco, 10/21/2020
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, 10/28/2020
- Jansen HornbakeElementary PrincipalJansen Hornbake is the Elementary School Principal. She is passionate about the success of each and every one of Agora’s students and staff members. When not working, Jansen loves spending time with her family and cheering on Philadelphia sports teams.
- Kristie HawkAssistant PrincipalKristie Hawk is the K-2 Assistant Principal. She is dedicated to student achievement and the attainment and growth of each individual student. Additionally, she is looking forward to providing leadership and support to the K-2 instructional staff. As a way to relax, Kristie enjoys traveling the world and taking trips to beach.
- Jim MontgomeryAssistant PrincipalJim Montgomery is an Elementary School Assistant Principal. Jim is excited to be part of the elementary school team and loves supporting students on an academic and personal level. Jim has a background in social studies and has a passion for making history come alive.
- Jen FisherSpecial Education Director of Instruction Kindergarten – 8th GradeJen Fisher is passionate about special education as she supervises special education programs from early intervention through eighth grade. She also oversees related services, special education records, compliancy, dispute resolution, and complaints. With Agora since 2008, Jen has also served as a special education teacher, academic coach and special education coordinator. Jen completed her special education certificate at Indiana University of Pennsylvania and completed her graduate and supervisory courses at University of San Diego, Chapman University, and University of Pittsburgh.
- Michelle CukauskasAssistant Director of Special Education Grades K-5Michelle Cukauskas is the Assistant Director of Special Education at the elementary school. This is her 11th year at Agora. Previously she worked in special education classrooms in the Pittsburgh area. She is passionate about special education and has a firm believe that ALL students can learn and succeed. It is the educator’s responsibility to unlock the door for each student to flourish and reach their full potential. In her free time she enjoys spending time with her family and cheering on the Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins!