Compact for Title I
Agora Cyber Charter School will be providing Title I supplemental support as a school wide program. The emphasis in school wide program schools is on serving all students, improving all structures that support student learning, and combining all resources, as allowed, to achieve a common goal. Our common goal is that all students will achieve academic excellence.
Below is the Compact for 2017-18. This compact is an agreement of what is expected of all involved in this school wide program: you as parent, us as the school and your child. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education:
Each school receiving funds under Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) must develop a written school-parent compact jointly with parents for all children participating in Title I, Part A activities, services, and programs. That compact is part of the school’s written parental involvement policy developed by the school and parents under section 1118(b) of the ESEA. The compact must outline how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership to help children achieve the State’s high standards.
This is being provided for your information. No further action except your continued support and involvement in your child’s academic needs is required.
Agora Title I Program– School/Parent/Student Compact
The purpose of this compact is to foster the development of a school-parent relationship to help all children achieve the State’s high academic standards. It is the school’s responsibility to provide a high-quality curriculum and instruction, in a supportive and effective environment, that enables children to meet the State’s student performance standards. As part of that commitment, the school must address the importance of communication between parents and teachers on an ongoing basis through such efforts as annual parent teacher conferences in elementary schools; frequent reports to parents on their child’s progress; and reasonable access to staff, opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and observations of classroom activities. The commitments requested in this compact are voluntary and in no way legally binding.
As a Parent, I will encourage and support my child’s learning by doing the following:
- Requiring regular school attendance
- Helping my child with weekly online learning sessions
- Attending parent/student instructional training sessions
- Setting an example for my child by being a lifelong learner myself
- Encouraging my child’s efforts and be available for questions
- Participating, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my children’s education
- Staying informed about my child’s education and communicating with the school by promptly reading all notices from Agora either received by email or by regular mail and responding, as appropriate
As a Student, I will become an active partner in my own learning progress by doing the following:
- Attending school regularly
- Completing my assignments in a timely manner
- Participating in weekly online sessions
- Cooperating with parents and teachers
- Asking for help when needed
As a School, We will encourage and support students’ learning and family engagement in this school by doing the following:
- Demonstrating care and concern for each student
- Respecting cultural, racial, and ethnic differences
- Providing explanations of the standards students are expected to meet to demonstrate learning progress
- Utilizing student and family data to identify appropriate instructional strategies for all student in order to provide them with opportunities for continual academic and behavioral success (MTSS-Multi-Tiered System of Supports)
- Providing quality online and face-to-face supplementary materials and supplies that support instruction
- Making efficient use of academic learning time
- Providing parents with regular and accurate assessment of students’ progress in meeting school achievement and performance requirements
- Providing an environment that allows for positive communications between the teacher, parent, and student
- Encouraging teachers to regularly provide supplementary assignments that will reinforce classroom instruction
- Providing opportunities for parents to be involved in the school and in their child’s education
Adoption: This School/Parent/Student Policy has been developed jointly with, and agreed on with the following parents, Suzanne Chiaramonte, Terri Latshaw and Melissa Martinelli, and agreed on with, parents of children participating in programs at Agora Cyber Charter School.
This policy was approved by the ACCS School Board on February 4, 2019 and is reviewed annually at out Title I meeting and through a parent survey.