Workshop Calendar and Recordings
Agora is offering many opportunities for parents to get involved! Please join us for one or all of our upcoming parent workshops.
Please note some workshops marked with an asterisk * are National K12 sessions so some information may not be specific to Agora families. Presenters in the K12 sessions will not be able to answer Agora specific questions. Please direct these questions to your family coach or grade band parent support coordinator.
Hot Topic Videos & Recordings
Click on the session name or url to view the recording.
Special Education Parent Forum Workshop
- K-2 English Language Arts Strategies (ELA)
- 3-5 English Language Arts Strategies
- ELA Downloadable Resources
- K-2 Math Strategies
- 3-5 Math Strategies
- Math Downloadable Resources
Middle School Workshops
- Self Esteem and Volunteering: http://www.screencast.com/t/zWZT1w2Xyve
- Teaching Responsibility: http://www.screencast.com/t/3l35KGudnKW
- Helping Kids Show Respect: http://www.screencast.com/t/DLhMKZpLwAj
- Empowering Future Leaders: http://www.screencast.com/t/8dnCUUCcwl
High School Workshops
- Bullying Awareness: http://www.screencast.com/t/sW70PjQr4y8
- Volunteering for High School Students: http://www.screencast.com/t/oqz6Rt0lcrbH
- Time Management: http://www.screencast.com/t/plcTwTikw
- Email Etiquette: http://www.screencast.com/t/oRq6G5sxm70O
- Empowerment and Building Resiliency: http://www.screencast.com/t/tpA3UQS8
Parent Engagement Series: Strategies for Success
- Managing Learning and the Large Family
- Schooling at Home with Toddlers and Preschoolers
- Mistakes of Veteran Home Educator
- Strategic Scheduling
- Creating Great Spaces for Schooling at Home
- Magical Math Manipulatives- Perfect for: Learning Coaches of K-5 students.
- Managing Long Days
- School at Home Holiday Survival Strategies
- Teaching Language Arts through Games and Active Learning: Part 1
- Teaching Language Arts through Games and Active Learning: Part 2
- How to Teach a Phonics Lesson
- Banish Burn-out and Have a Great Second Semester
- Tips and Tricks for Keeping Your Active Child on Task
- State Testing Strategies
- Helping Your Child Become an Independent Learner
Parent Refresher Skills
Writing Refresher for Parents
- Writing Refresher 1: Grammar: Parts of Speech – Nouns and Pronouns Composition: Introduction to the Sentence – The Subject
- Writing Refresher 2: Grammar: Parts of Speech –Verbs and Complements Composition: Introduction to the Sentence – The Predicate
Writing Refresher 3: Grammar: Adjectives and Adverbs Composition: Sentence Correction – Modification Errors
- Session 4 Recording Grammar: Verbals and Verbal Phrases Composition: Persuasive Essays
- Session 5 Recording: Grammar: Clauses. Composition: Research Reports Part 1.
- Cursive Writing is Good for You!
- January 7: Grammar: Verbals and Verbal Phrases. Composition: Personal Narrative
- January 21 Recording: Grammar: Clauses. Composition: Compare and Contrast Essays
- February 4: Sentance Structure, Fragments, Run-Ons. Composition: Pursuasive Essay, Letter to the Editor
- February 18: Verbs and Research Reports
- March 4: Grammar: Using Pronouns/Composition: Definitions Essays
Math Refresher for Parents
- Math Refresher 1: Order of Operations and Number Properties: Many errors are made simply because students work math problems in the wrong order.
- Math Refresher 2: Working with Decimals: Put them in the right order, add, subtract, multiply and divide them, convert them into fractions and back again.
- November 12: Part 1- Equivalent, Reducing, Comparing
- November 26: Part 2- Operations with Fractions and Word Problems
- January 14: Solving One and Two-Step Equations
- January 28: Tacking Word Problems
- February 11: Integers
- February 25: Integers: Multiplication, Division and Equations
- Magical Math Manipulatives
- March 11: Geometry- perimeter, area, and volume of polygons and circles Pt 1