|Educational Trip Leave||When Your Student is Absent||Excuse Notes|
|Attendance Mode||SAIP: School Attendance Improvement Plan||Truancy Policy|
|Strive For 95! Attendance Awards!|
Regular attendance at school is an important part of every student’s success and is necessary in order to gain the greatest benefit. Students who are frequently absent from school miss direct instruction and regular contact with their teachers.
Please contact your Family Coach to address any situations which may hinder your daily attendance.
- In order for an absence to be registered as excused, a parent or guardian must submit a written explanation or medical excuse to the “Attendance Office” by completing the attendance submission form through the Tyler SIS within three (3) days of the absence.
- Complete the attendance submission form. In the event you are unable to submit your student’s excuse using the Tyler SIS, you may fax an excuse to 484-588-0238.
- The faxed excuse should state the student’s Name, Date of Birth, Student ID, the date of the absence, as well as the reason for the absence.
- Students who are absent due to a power outage, home internet issue or illness:
- Must have the legal guardian notify the Attendance Office by completing the attendance submission form through the Tyler SIS.
- Do not contact Technical Support as they are unable to troubleshoot or correct your issue and will not be able to provide assistance or a ticket number.
- Students who are absent due to school-issued computer technical issues:
- Must contact Technical Support/Customer Care at 855-412-3712 and troubleshoot the issue to receive a technical ticket number.
- Excuses will not be accepted by phone.
- The parent or legal guardian has three (3) school days from the date of absence to submit the excuse to the Attendance Office.
- If the Attendance Office does not receive an excuse within three days of the absence, the absence will be recorded as an unexcused absence.
- A maximum of ten days excused absences verified by parental notification may be permitted per school year.
- All absences beyond ten cumulative excused days require a written excuse from a physician or ticket of technical difficulties from the Help Desk.
Compulsory Attendance Requirements
All absences are counted as unexcused until the Attendance Office receives written notice explaining the reason for the absence through your Sapphire Community Web Portal account.
If a written excuse is not received within three days of this notification, the absence will permanently be added to the student’s file. Please know we cannot adjust attendance over the phone. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania law and school policy requires that every child of compulsory school age attend school daily.
Truancy vs. Chronic Absence
- Counts only unexcused absences
- Emphasizes compliance with school rules
- Relies on legal and administrative solutions
- Counts all absences: excused, unexcused, and suspensions
- Emphasizes academic impact of missed days
- Uses community-based, positive strategies
Attend today, achieve tomorrow
Good school attendance means…
read well by the end of third grade
pass important courses
stay on track for graduation
earn their degrees
succeed in their jobs
Too many absences -excused or unexcused- can keep students from succeeding in school and in life. How many are too many? 10% of the school year -that’s 18 missed days or 2 days a month- can knock students off track.